ACT NOW - Afghanistan Crisis
ACT NOW - EMAIL AND CALL YOUR MP
Tell them you are contacting them to request Australia take action to protect vulnerable people from Afghanistan affected by this crisis and provide more effective support for those in Australia. Template wording below.
I am writing to you as a concerned member of your constituency because I believe Australia must take action to alleviate the suffering of people from Afghanistan, given the escalating crisis the country now faces.
Australia can and must take the following actions.
1. Offer a one-off humanitarian intake of the most vulnerable people in Afghanistan, in addition to the current intake.
2. Grant all refugees from Afghanistan on temporary protection visas permanent protection, without the prospect of being returned to Afghanistan.
3. Enable refugees from Afghanistan to apply to reunite with their families.
4. Lift the ban on resettlement of refugees in Indonesia - The Australian government continues to block resettlement of refugees to Australia through the UNHCR if they registered in Indonesia after June 2014.
5. Work with our international partners to pressure the Taliban to take genuine steps toward peace and reconciliation.
This situation demands your urgent attention. Please consider the 5 actions and do everything you can to protect the people from Afghanistan at this time.
[Insert your name]