THE PLENARY IN THE PARISH - 19 Sept
THE PLENARY IN THE PARISH
15 DAYS to the commencement of the first Plenary Council Assembly (October 2nd - 10th).
Please continue to check out the Plenary Page on the Parish website for links and information.
A REFRESHER ( Part 2)
Following Phase I, Listening and Dialogue and the publication of the six themes the Plenary has moved along the following path:
- Catholics all over Australia participated in Writing and Discernment sessions, discerning on the submissions with prayerful hearts and minds. The Writing and Discernment Groups then drafted thematic papers towards making the agenda for Assembly 1.
· Towards Assembly 1
- Members who are to be part of the Assembly were selected and underwent formation and received documents including theTHEMATIC DISCERNMENT PAPERS written by the Writing and Discernment Groups.
- On April 6, 2020, Assembly 1 was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic preventing the desired process of discernment and formation for the members.
- On February 2021, Continuing the Journey: Working Document (Instumentum Laboris) was released.
- On June 2021, the Agenda for the Plenary Council was released, and Formation Sessions for Members commenced.
- Statutes and Regulatory Norms have also been issued.
BROTHER IAN CRIBB SJ (of our Parish) is a member of the Plenary Council Executive Committee. Br Ian has worked with the 279 members (previously called delegates) who will attend the Assembly, providing formation in discernment and facilitating sessions on Spiritual conversations.
CATALYST FOR RENEWAL is hosting a Q&A online forum on Spiritual Conversation with Brother Ian on Sunday September 26th 2021 from 1.30pm to 3.00pm
No need to book. Click the link to join the conversation:
Zoom Meeting ID: 86009976809 Passcode: 730460
PLEASE PRAY FOR THE FORTHCOMING PLENARY COUNCIL
in the words of the Plenary prayer noting that we are on a pilgrim journey which we hope will be transformative.
and reflecting on the St. Oscar Romero Prayer